@Kilmainham Courthouse

10th to 15th April 2019

A design attributed to William Farrell, this courthouse was built in 1820 and replaced an older courthouse on the same site, and has a long involvement with Dublin's legal history, having been used to trial inmates of Kilmainham Gaol, located immediately to the west.  It is prominently situated at the corner of Inchicore Road and South Circular Road, It was closed in 2008 and has since been restored and reopened as a museum space and entrance to the Kilmainham Gaol complex in 2016.